Literacy Part A: Professional Inquiry Booklet
- Due 8 Sep by 12:30
- Points 30
Part A: Six in-class tasks and reflective statements (30%)
Six in-class tasks, related to the provocations and lecture content, will be completed collaboratively and reflected on independently.
These six tasks involve:
- Identifying characteristics of learners in Years 5 – 8 with reference to key Ministry of Education documents
- Oral language, vocabulary, concepts and approaches to the wide curriculum
- Grouping, text analysis and school journal resources
- Reviewing writing approaches and processes for older students
- Writing analysis
- Book club presentation
| Part A In-class workshops: 30 marks
|Signed by peer|
|Week One: (4 marks)|
|Week Two: (4 marks)|
|Week Three (4 marks)|
|Week Four: (4 marks)|
|Week Five: (4 marks)|
|Week Six: Book Club (10 marks)||
Part A: Criteria for assessment: Students will:
- Attend and participate in every workshop in order to complete each of 6 key tasks
- Use course readings, independently sourced resources as appropriate, and MOE material to inform the topic
- Collaborate with peers in the manner of a professional, contributing skills, understandings, experience and expertise.
- Work in a co-constructive manner to complete, and to assist peers to complete, each task, each week.
- Please Note:
- Each week (first 5 weeks) 2 marks will be assigned for collaboration and completion of the set task in the workshop and 2 marks for your links made to readings/documents (4 marks over all on completion).
- Your ‘Links to readings/documents’ must reference at least one of the readings/documents for the week
- The final week will be the Book Club presentation to peers (10 marks available).
- Tasks will be sighted by the lecturer at various times during the course.
- The whole booklet will then be submitted by Friday 8th September (30 marks available)
Book Presentation Mark (10 marks)
Booklet mark (20 marks)
Overall mark (30 marks)