Practicum 3 AT Feedback
- Trent is extremely well organised, and took every opportunity to have a go. He has been a confident and reflective practitioner, making excellent progress with his classroom management.
- He was flexible and remained patient when last minute changes altered aspects of the programme, particularly during Diwali Day.
- Trent has a strong work ethic, a warm and cheerful personality, and valuable personal and work experiences that is going to make him an effective teacher.
- Great to see you setting up all children with activities and then pulling out target children in the workshops at their level for telling the time.
- Good to see you following up with [student name] and his BEH at Maths time.
- You seem very much at home in Room 12.
- You have realised that my system of behaviour management doesn’t work for you and that’s great because we are all different and the children respond to you and your management techniques. Trial and error is the name of the game and my techniques change with each class, sometimes each term. The main essential is to do what you say and make the consequences fit the crime, so speak.
- Your positiveness and encouragement for children on tasks is great. Putting the focus on the children on task often brings those others into line.
- It is great to see the confidence you have in your ability and I am impressed by your sequential planning in Maths, Reading and Writing and eagerness to take the children to the next stage.
- They are really enjoying the challenge.
- You have realised that too much time on the mat means fidgety restless children. Stand the children up for an action song, quick game or even outside for a tag game, run. Sometimes changing the programme so that the children are at their tables and then back to the mat may be necessary.
- The children are enthusiastic and you are catering for all their needs.
- You have realised that children love to share their work and respond positively to any encouragement given (4F).